Mar 1, 2011

the next quarter

Yesterday I went to a rofessor's office whose research interest is the same as mine. I asked her to admit my taking the course, "special individual research". She said, "Cool, if you submit research proposal to me."

I asked her, "What is special individual research like?"
She answered, "It's like working on your research by yourself, no class."

Woo Hoo!! No class, and I can get 4 units ! Why didn't find that kind of nice free course until now?
I want to take the lecture style courses as less as possible..lol. I'm tired of lecture. lol
When I tell this to one of my friend, he said, "Huh? That's university." lol

No, it's not. University gives freedom, rights, and opportunity to study what you want as much as you want.

By the way, in the beginning of the next quarter, as I said, I'm gonna attentd the conference of CGIU.
(Clinton Global Initiative University)

On the facebook, the group of CGIU 2011 which allow only attendants of the conference to get in.
When I went in to the site of the group on the facebook, and saw the biograophy and self-introduction,
I found that the conference might not be the place I should be.

Many of the attendants are grad students, and most of them are from really good university like Harvard, Yale, UPenn, other IVY, MIT, and so on...

Moreover, many of them have already started thier own project closely associated with the local community. They are serious and practical. Some founded the organization or NPO...

What I did was.....just studing and researching......ah, oh....

That's fine,, anyway I can meet Clinton and such super students. That's the way lucky goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment