Oct 4, 2010

downtown

In the morning, I felt very bad... I received the e-mails from three chorus groups about the result of the Auditions. As you can imagine, I failed all of them...uhuh. It's ok I did my best. It is just because there were so many people who have much more music talent than I. That is very natural, because I didn't do anything special about music until now. I have experienced classroom music. But I need to start looking for another student clubs or organizations again. I want to make friends with local American students. hummmmm.


In the afternoon, I went to the Downtown of San Diego. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera, so I couldn't take pictures. Actually there were nothing worth taking pictures. San Diego downtown is  a little bit far from La Jolla where I live in. It takes about 1.5~2 hours by bus and train. Surprisingly I can take bus for free using student ID card. UCSD students can go to the relatively far areas using this "free-bus" service. But if we cannot use such service, we will die. haha. This campus is big, but so rural. There is nothing!! Anyway, I went to the downtown. Accurately, first I went to the old town (a name of the town) and then had to use the train. Technically, train is not free.

But,

EVERYONE IN SAN DIEGO USES TRAIN FOR FREE, BECAUSE THERE IS NO TICKET CHECK. YOU CAN RIDE ON THE TRAIN WITHOUT ANY CHECK. PLAT-HOME IS OPEN TO EVERYONE. INDEED, WE CAN SEE THE TICKET MACHINE WHERE WE "SHOULD" BUY TICKET. BUT NO ONE DOES IT. EVERYONE USES THE TRAIN FOR FREE. CRAZY.

I found San Diego very rural city compared to Tokyo. No, I should say, I found Tokyo very special sophisticated city in the world. In San Diego there is not so many attractive place even in downtown. Every transportations are not punctual. The town is just dirty. Town is relatively dark. (I felt dangerous when I walk in downtown street and was spoken to by strange black home-less longing for money. He said, "Hey, duyya have money? I wanna exchange...just exchange,,, pleasee..." Of course it is not just exchange, so I ran away. It was a little bit dangerous...) The UCSD campus is very safe, but I found I cannot walk in outside campus, especially town like downtown. This is not obviously different from Tokyo which is very bright even at night. We should be happy to live in Japan.

Anyway, finally I got used to this life.

Then...

From tomorrow, I will study hard!

I've decided to study so hard while I am in the United States.

1st: To gain a lot of academic knowledge and become very cool person in academic beyond the field of study. I want to be cool in academic widely.

2nd: To make my English skills close to native-like perfectly as much as possible. I found those who want to teach English should aim at perfect English skills. Right? I know. Of-course I know. Second language acquisition is not easy at all (this is one of my major researches.) But we should aim, isn't it?


I have to make a nice schedule....

1 comment:

  1. 日本人の英語教師には英語力の高くない人が多いらしい。
    まぁ理想としては完璧な英語が必要なんだけど・・・
    大学卒業してどこかの学校に配属されたら同僚の英語力の低さに幻滅するかもねwwwwww

    ReplyDelete