Oct 28, 2010

Library

Nowadays I use library very often. Using or staying library, I can concentrate on study. I can also study in my room, but in our suite, there is a kind room mate who always invite me to go out somewhere. I know he is kind. But at the same time I found I should not follow his invitation every time. Last Saturday, I went to the club, as I mentioned before, with him, which delays my study or doing assignments. I am spending very hard time on study because of that now. I want to avoid his invitation and concentrate on my study.

So, I decided to go to the library every day to study. I have to use the facility of university and chance of living on campus to concentrate on study. Libraries are open from 7:30am till midnight in Mon to Thu. On Mon to Thu, I will not come back to my room in a day once I left. Friday night I can enjoy party or socializing with my friends. But I need to work hard at library till midnight at least on Mon to Thu. Maybe I can have a fun in Saturday, too. Anyway, let's follow the time schedule of the library.lol

 The reason why I need to study hard is that every other people here only have to study for courses of the UCSD, but I also have to prepare for the test of job hunting to become a teacher as well as usual study for UCSD. I found that I need to study more even after I finished assignments of courses. I need to study more than other friends here. OMG.....this is so bad. But it is necessary. I don't wanna fail to the test. I want to pass it in one time.

By the way, finally I decided to become an English teacher in public high school or junior high school in Chiba prefecture. One of the reasons is that I want to change Language (English) education in Japan theoretically, practically, and directly. University professors or researchers also can be involved in language education "theoretically". But they cannot do it in "practical" or "direct" way. I don't think that I can be satisfied with only observing and thinking about problems. I want to be active and do something directly. I think public school teachers also can publish or state something as well as university professors or researchers. Plus, it takes a lot of time and money to become university professors. Since I came here, I found that being independent is very important and exciting! I need to be apart from my family soon. To do that, I need to earn MONEY. Becoming a teacher maybe makes me independent from my family. If I go to the grad school, I still need to depend on my family. That makes me feel very bad and far away from marriage and my future babies (I'm just kidding. lol)

Someone (including my family) say to me, "If you become a ordinary public school teacher, you might not be able to use your academic skills, English competence, or ability as much as you want." Yes. It might happen. For example, if I go to the very bad school where its students do not study at all, maybe I cannot use my skills or abilities as well as I want to.

Actually, I want to apply for these following programs of Ministry of Education in Japan as a teacher. These program is to send a public school teacher to foreign countries. These teachers help the Japanese students who are in foreign countries because of the father's job or something like that. Or they teach Japanese to foreign students who want to learn Japanese in the school.

In this way, I can use my academic skills or abilities and these programs are in the fields of my interests, which are "minority education", "bilingual education", and "language acquisition".

The references of the programs are

http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/shotou/clarinet/002/004/002.htm

http://www.mext.go.jp/a_menu/shotou/rex/main.htm

http://rexnet.loops.jp/index.html


Oops! I've gotta get back to my assignments.

See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment