Oct 31, 2010

Contradiction

As one of my arguments about lots of topics, I really oppose being eager only to getting English skills. That is kind of misunderstanding and misplacing the priority. Even if people can speak English, they necessary cannot be the smart, cool and full of academic people.

Using English (or any other foreign language) as a tool to do something including communication with your friends, study or whatever is important. We should not make effort to study "English skills"

But, actually, I need to study "English skills"... that is so contradictory...I don't wanna and shouldn't study "English skills", but I need that kind of knowledge or skills to teach someone English in the future.

For example, I don't like to study a detailed grammar. I don't like to care about tiny things about the rule of writing or grammar.. But I need to do it....

So far, I always passed or ignore the word I don't know when I am reading the textbook or reading materials. That is the good way to read a book in English easily. Now I am thinking I should look up to each word I don't know to increase my vocabulary. Oh my gosh, that is gonna be hard work.. I need to learn the correct how to write a paper in English..

Does every English teacher in Japan know that kind of "English knowledge or rule, grammar" well enough??

Good night.

I saw the shooting star at first tonight....

No comments:

Post a Comment