Sep 30, 2010

National Anthem

After night-mare as I said yesterday, we (our living room) got back peace. lol On this Wednesday I have tasted all the classes in a week. I decided to drop one of the courses. That is because my major course, "History & Theory of bilingual education" is very hard course... I am assigned to read and write every week. I also have to do the group work, and do some individual project. The project is "to find or suggest the best bilingual education program." It sounds very interesting and this is exactly what I want to do. So I want to concentrate on this work. It can be related to my thesis in Sophia University. In addition, many of my friends advised me not to take five courses.. They say, "Serious? Everyone is taking three or four courses!" It seems that even official UCSD students do not take five courses. Then I will drop one of them. Good-bye political science. haha.

I have an audition on Friday, but I have to sing, "National Anthem" !
Do you know American National Anthem??

I haven't heard about it. That is "Star-spangled banner". I can't understand the meaning of the lyrics.
It sounds like much more positive than Japanese one (Kimigayo)
I like both of Japanese one and American one.
It's a little bit long and difficult to remember.
Maybe of-course every others who audition can sing it naturally.
Plus, I have to choose a song to sing and appeal my ability.
I don't know English songs much, because I always listen to the J-pop, while I was in Japan.
What should I sing.... Disney? lol

-----

"Star-Spangled-Banner"

Oh, can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight,
Over the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the booms bursting in air,
Gave proof  through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
Over the land of the free and the home of the brave?

No comments:

Post a Comment